Written by editor Nicole Bennett of Gidget Goes Home.
Well, it’s official. I’ve broken down and busted out a bit of Christmas music and packed my Operation Christmas Child box. Yep, the holidays are officially upon us.
I’m hoping that in doing so, extending the season a bit, it will make things seem less rushed. Because try as I may to not wait till the last minute, things always feel rushed for the handmade-minded girl that I am.
If you can at all relate to me, and if you find yourself craving a simpler, more enjoyable holiday season, then I have a treat for you today.
Just reading the title of her book makes me want to inhale and sink deep into a cozy chair in front of a fireplace and a decorated Christmas tree.
A Simpler Season is full of practical ideas and tools for taking things down a notch and ways to help us define our priorities for the season so we can cut out the meaningless fluff.
I’m already planning a little sit-down with David so we can look through her book together and workout what our holiday season will look like this year, and as a mom of littles, I’m thrilled to choose some of her activities (and recipes!) to add to our family’s homeschool and play time.
Here’s what’s included in A Simpler Season:
- creative ideas for celebrating Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s
- over 150 pages of content: ideas, recipes, and inspiration for planning a special holiday season with your family
- 70+ printable pages: calendars, to do sheets, inventories, and planning pages
- games and activities to do with the kids
- 24+ family activity cards to print and do over the month of December
- printable recipe and gift cards to help you make edible gifts
- a variety of family devotional ideas to explore with your family
- a list of children’s books to enjoy as well as extension activities to do with your children after the reading
- family-friendly recipes for the each of the winter holidays
- questions to get you thinking about how you really want to spend your time this year
- easy downloadable format in pdf or on kindle
Jessica has been kind enough to offer us a few copies of her book for a giveaway.
Today 3 lucky Simple Homemade winners will win a copy of A Simpler Season.
To enter, simply leave a comment telling me what your most looking forward to as we enter the holiday season.
Giveaway will end Saturday, November 10th, at midnight PST. Good luck!
Special thanks to Jessica for the review copy of this book!