Written by editor Nicole Bennett of Gidget Goes Home.
I love it when things slide into place at just the right time. We knew we’d be moving into an all-electric condo and that our gas dryer, while in great condition, would no longer work for us. What I didn’t know was that the opportunity to receive a brand new set of Amana washer & dryer was coming my way –what a blessing!
Read on to learn more about this fabulous, energy and water-efficient pair and how you can enter to win one. (My laundry room is nowhere near that gorgeous, but now my washer and dryer are, thanks to Amana!)
About the Amana washer and dryer
I have been amazed at the completely different functionality of it and how much less water and energy it uses. For a family of five (with one in cloth diapers) that is music to my ears! A few specifics about it:
- ENERGY STAR® qualified to help conserve natural resources and save money on utility bills
- Low-water wash system delivers optimal cleaning with as little as 13 gallons of water
- Durable stainless steel wash basket resists scratches and rust to help prevent snags and stains on fabrics
As for the dryer, I went for electric, but it also comes in a gas model. In a relatively short cycle it dries my clothes nicely so that I don’t have to waste the energy on a second cycle. It retails for $479. More details about the dryer:
- 7.0 cu. ft. capacity dryer easily handles large loads, meaning you’ll spend less time on laundry and more time on the things you enjoy
- Interior drum light and wide-opening side swing door help make loading and unloading simple
- Automatic dryness control sensors monitor temperature, automatically stopping the cycle when fabrics are dry to help reduce shrinking (how amazing is that?)
I’m stoked today that you, dear readers, get a chance to win– I’ve teamed up with TodaysMama on this giveaway where one winner will win their very own set– a new, energy-efficient Amana washer and dryer.
Just enter via this Rafflecopter widget (you’ll need to leave a comment here on the post as a mandatory entry). The contest ends January 16th at 11:59 pm MST.
Thanks again to Amana, who provided the washer/dryer for review!