Written by contributor Nicole Bennett of Gidget Goes Home.
For many of us seeking a greener lifestyle, we can find a lot of great information in all the wonderful, inspiring books out there. If you’re looking for gift ideas for a green bookworm, here are some of my favorites!
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life by Barbara Kingsolver
- Tending to Eden: Environmental Stewardship for God’s People by Scott Sabin
- This Organic Life: Confessions of a Suburban Homesteader by Joan Dye Gussow
- Real Food: What to Eat and Why by Nina Planck
- In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto by Michael Pollan
- Nourishing Traditions: The Cookbook that Challenges Politically Correct Nutrition and the Diet Dictocrats by Sally Fallon
- The Art of Simple Food: Notes, Lessons, and Recipes from a Delicious Revolution by Alice Waters
Pregnancy & Motherhood
- Real Food for Mother and Baby: The Fertility Diet, Eating for Two, and Baby’s First Foods by Nina Planck
- Raising Baby Green: The Earth-Friendly Guide to Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Baby Care by Dr. Alan Greene
- The Complete Organic Pregnancy by Deirdre Dolan and Alexandra Zissu
I know there are so many other great books out there. What are your favorites that inspire you towards a greener lifestyle?