Tomorrow is the official first day of summer, although for many of us, it’s been feeling like summer for a couple of months already. If you’ve been following the Natural Deodorant Challenge on the Simple Organic Facebook page, you already know that my relationship with Tom’s of Maine is coming to an end…although I guess we can still be fair weather friends.
For now, I need something stronger, so last night I whipped up a batch of homemade deodorant, courtesy of this recipe. Look for a report soon – we’ll see how it fares in the central Texas heat and humidity.
And of course, a very Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there! We’re thankful for you.
Here are a few links for your Sunday reading pleasure…enjoy!
• From FIMBY: Hand-Washing Our Dishes – Intentional Simplicity
• From Small Notebook: How Far Can You Throw a Phone Book?
• From heartland Renaissance: Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
• From Simple Mom: 7 Ideas for Screen-Free Travel With Kids
• From Clean: Upcycled Dress From Maternity Top
• From Hip Mountain Mama: Freezing Kale
• From Red and Honey: Bidding Farewell to the Microwave Oven